Get ready for another great Southeast Harvest event in March 2016.
Following the success of the previous Southeast Harvest Festival in 2014, the committee has been planning a bigger and better Southeast Harvest Festival for 2016.
The coming Southeast Harvest theme will be “Nature’s Superheros” with inspiring speakers and workshops on topics including soil microbes, Indigenous local foods, backyard beekeeping and lacto- fermentation.
The hugely popular “Chew the Fat” panel discussion on the evening of Friday 11th March will start the ball rolling at the SAGE Garden site. The festival day will be 12th March at Riverside Park, Moruya.
Costa Georgiadis from ABC’s Gardening Australia will once again be inspiring us for the duration of the Southeast Harvest. Costa will be interviewing local producers about their fabulous local products. Farmers participating will be featuring their produce – beef, chickens, eggs, lamb, goat and a huge range of vegetables, berries and fruits. Activities for children such as the pumpkin rolling race will be a festival highlight under the energetic and delightful coordination of Costa.
The objectives of the Southeast Harvest Festival are:
- To promote the SAGE Farmers Market as an outlet for local produce.
- To communally enjoy and share the seasonal harvest.
- To provide community events that support the objectives and aims of SAGE.
- To promote sustainable food production techniques and products.
- To raise community awareness around sustainable food practice.
- To demonstrate and share wholesome food preparation and cooking techniques and recipes.
The Southeast Harvest will once again culminate with the wonderful Riverfeast on the Saturday night. See our website southeastharvest.com.au for more information.
Media contact: Wendy on 0408 517 796 or Shirley on 0451 681 949.